If you’ve followed me on Instagram or Facebook you know I’m a huge fan of my Pleione utility vest. I don’t just wear a utility vest in fall, I wear it year round. What I love about this particular utility vest is that it’s longer and cinched at the waist. I’ll translate that for you: works well with leggings. So today I wanted to share 6 ways to style a utility vest for fall in collaboration with Nordstrom.
6 Ways To Stay a Utility Vest For Fall
Many of the pieces you see below are things I shared in my fall capsule wardrobe a few weeks back. I would consider most of the pieces in this post to be closet staples. Right now I have a boot obsession. So you while you could get away with fewer shoes than I’m showing – I didn’t want to shelter you from such good options. Nordstrom has boots in so many styles and price points. For fall and winter in Connecticut I try not to skimp on quality so you’ll see I invest more in footwear during our snow seasons.
Over a T-Shirt and Leggings
- In early Fall the weather in Connecticut is all over the place. We have had 80 degree days recently, so an easy way to showcase Fall style without sweating to death is to layer a utility vest over a t-shirt (long or short sleeve). The Free People tee I am wearing is something I wear all the time because it doesn’t cling to my mid section. It does run big, I am wearing XS. Add to that comfort by throwing on leggings! SHOP THE LOOK:
Over a Plaid Shirt
- This is a classic Fall look. You could have worn this outfit 5 years ago and been as stylish then as you are today. I love timeless styles and that’s why I would recommend finding a plaid shirt and utility vest that have a very flattering fit. This plaid tunic is longer which is why I was willing to pay a bit more than other plaid shirt options Nordstrom offers. Tunic length = appropriate with leggings. I’m wearing XS in the plaid above for reference. These pieces will be in your wardrobe for years to come. SHOP THE LOOK:
Over a Dress
- Dress down everyone’s favorite cotton dress. I am wearing XS so this dress is very fitted -including in the mid section. While the ruching distracts from that area, I feel more confident adding a utility vest so I don’t put anyone in the awkward position of mistaking my taco baby for a pregnancy. One of my most popular pins on Pinterest is a way to style a utility jacket over a Summer dress. For Fall you could also wear a utility vest over a denim or plaid shirtdress. SHOP THE LOOK:
Over A Sweater
- Again, this is a classic look that you can wear for years to come. When I get into an “I have nothing to wear” moment, I utilize these types of outfits because they’re no fail options. I’m wearing XS in the Caslon sweater above. SHOP THE LOOK:
Over A Striped Shirt
- Are you sensing a pattern? The utility vest pairs well with all your closet staples! This striped tee is long enough to wear with leggings and it just went on sale!! I’m wearing size XS. My boots are true to size. SHOP THE LOOK:
Over a Chambray Shirt
- I could do a post with 6 ways to style a chambray shirt for Fall if you’re interested. It’s another one of those pieces in my closet I find myself reaching for when I’m not sure what to wear. Invest in one that fits you well because you can wear it year round! SHOP THE LOOK:
Which way is your favorite? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
And thank you to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post.