CHARITY CLOSET SALE
Today I’m introducing something I hope you guys will like – a charity closet sale. As you can probably guess the wardrobe of a style blogger is excessive, robust, and impractical. I am not complaining, I love what I get to do, but I bought my house before I started blogging and didn’t account for the closet space I would need to hold all these clothes.
Fashion bloggers make money by showing you how to style articles and clothing and WHERE to purchase them. That is why bloggers want you to find items from “their links” because it gives us credit for referring a buyer to an item. That doesn’t change the price for the buyer but does recognize the blogger for their marketing.
When an item sells out most bloggers will stop showing that piece. It’s frustrating to followers who might fall in love with a shirt a blogger is wearing only to be told “you can’t find it anywhere, it sold out last season”. So while many of the items I will be “selling” are beloved wardrobe pieces I think they’re better suited in a new closet that can show them more love.
I’m not trying to make money off of my worn (and actually some unworn) closet pieces. Since this is a CHARITY closet sale what I am asking for are DONATIONS to the Plymouth House scholarship fund. If you’re unfamiliar with my family’s story that is where my husband got clean from a heroin addiction. I am forever indebted to them for bringing my husband to his family. Most addicts cannot afford a stay in rehab so this is one of several efforts I’ve made to raise a few scholarships for them. My husband is not the only addict I know who was COMPLETELY transformed at this facility so it’s a place I hold in high regard.
It took me awhile to devise a plan for how I could make this work so that everyone could see if items were already claimed. If you guys have any better ideas I am open to feedback. It was too time consuming to post the items on my blog and blog comments don’t show up until I manually “approve” them so I felt my blog’s Facebook page offered a more real-time view of what was available.
HOW IT WILL WORK
- I will post a photo of the item up for grabs and the suggested donation on my Facebook Page.
- The first person to comment will have first dibs on the item.
- The “buyer” or person willing to donate will need to email me (pinterestingplans at gmail.com) a picture of the check written out to the Plymouth House and include their full name and address
- Mail the check directly to the Plymouth House (446 Main Street, Plymouth, NH, 03624)
- I have DOZENS of items I’m going to post. So keep watching. If you guys are engaged and liking it I will continue to post more.
- I am covering shipping so I will try to ship out at least weekly.
Again – let me know if you’re interested in this idea and I will keep posting things. You’ll need to stay tuned on Facebook to see the most current listing.