1. Maiden Home Sofa – a sofa is a big decision and while I loved my Lounge II Sofa in CT, Crate and Barrel’s shipping times can painfully long (over a year when I was looking), so I decided to try something new in FL. Maiden Home’s Dune Sofa (coincidental my beloved pooch is named Dune?) was MORE of the look I was going for and the shipping times for a custom sofa or sectional were much more reasonable (3-4 months).
In our last home, I had the L-shaped “Bone” linen upholstered sofa (here is my review for the sofa). This is a performance fabric (ie: resists stains) and the slipcovers can be removed to machine wash so I found it withstood my kids and dog’s dirty feet and spills. While we don’t eat in the living room, we are otherwise not strict with any rules that would keep the sofa clean.
Marissa loved my sofa so much she bought the 100″ “Oyster” linen sofa for her home. I am expecting another Dune sofa next week!
2. Bernhart Upholstered Bed – I first saw this bed when I was touring a home for a real estate buyer and shared a video of it on my Instagram stories as a “dream bed”. A reader who saw the story tracked it down and I ordered it last summer. I enjoyed it so much that when we moved out of our home (it’s rented fully furnished), I repurchased this king bed again! I love the textured, neutral upholstery and French seams.
3. Sausalito 32″ Nightstand – these were the nightstands I had in our CT bedroom. We sold that house furnished and decorated when we decided to move to FL. For a long time they were back ordered > 6 months so I held off on purchasing but now they are available for quick shipping so I snagged two. I love the mixed of closed storage and open space for styling. These are such a pretty wood tone!
4. Glass and Bone Bead Garlands – I love these bead garlands. For filling a bowl, draping over a book stack, or layering around a vase, a bead garland adds dimension to your decor. I have also bought this seaglass garland and oyster shell garland for multiple homes.
5. Woven Floor Mirror – while this isn’t the EXACT same, it’s close enough because the Wayfair woven floor mirror I had in our last home and love is in and out of stock (usually out of stock). This Pottery Barn woven floor mirror is so beautiful and I love that it takes up substantial wall space. The high ceilings in the homes down here make for A LOT of wall space to decorate. Pottery Barn does white glove delivery on larger items so I try to consolidate my purchases into one large order so I only pay the flat rate shipping fee once.
6. Woven Wood Shades – one of my most popular reels was about the custom woven wood shades I’ve ordered for just about every home we have owned. My go to color is the “Capri Ivory” with the black out liner and an inside mount. I have also used and loved the “Bonaire Flaxen”. I have a dedicated post about those shades – here!
7. Orion Large Decor Bowl – while this seems a little pricy for a bowl, this is HUGE (I have the large) and so heavy. This is such a decor staple for me as I fill it with different items seasonally. I am getting ready to fill it with pine cones, ornaments, and pine sprigs for the holidays. I have also used this glass bead garland to fill it as well. The “small” version of this bowl (which is also gorgeous in black) is not small in my opinion to make sure you measure before ordering.
8. La Jolla Baskets – some people have messaged me they cringe at the price of these but I love and use these baskets year after year. As someone who has used them regularly for years I think they’re worth the splurge. I had the white washed version in CT, repurchased them in FL, and now have the natural colored set in our current home. We use the “large” basket as a dirty clothes hamper in our room and the “small” basket is where I put items I will be listing on Poshmark.
9. Boll and Branch Bedding – I sleep on my sheets (almost) every day of my life so I want to enjoy them! Not only are Boll and Branch sheets soft and durable, but they are organic and having grown up alongside a parent who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in his 40’s buying organic has always been something of value to me. I have all of their bedding building blocks (white sheets, down duvet insert, white duvet, and 3 white euro shams). I swap up accent pillows and a throw at the end of the bed seasonally. Or that’s what I do in theory. Lately, I have just enjoyed some neutral accents on my bed to cut down on storage.
10. Polywood Outdoor Chairs – I have had polywood at my last 3 homes because I value its durability. We are not a family that covers our outdoor furniture so I like something that can withstand the elements. Polywood can be pressure washed and doesn’t rust or fade in the intense sun, rain, or cold. I have had the rocking chairs, the Adirondack chairs, the porch swing, and their lounge chairs. I usually purchase on Amazon as this brand never seems to go on sale.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments if there are home purchases so nice you’ve bought twice!