Today I am finally getting around to sharing what I think are miracle beauty products. Some of these are things you friends on Instagram have recommended to me and others are things I’ve been using for over a decade. From eyelash steroids 🙂 to my beloved curling wand – I’m sharing the miracle beauty products I don’t want to go without.
I keep my most used beauty products in this handy plastic make-up caddy in my bathroom. This makes everything easy to access when I am rushing to put myself together in the morning. You can see in the picture I have several make-up brushes. I actually got a huge set of inexpensive make-up brushes so that after a few months I can just replace them. I am not a make-up guru, so these definitely do the trick for me and on a daily basis I use one to apply a light foundation, a bronzer, and my undereye setting powder.
My Personal Picks for Miracle Beauty Products:
- Tarte Shape Tape Undereye Concealer I tried this based on what my friends on Instagram were telling me and it took me about a week to be convinced. When I asked my followers what their favorite undereye concealers were the most common replies were the Tarte product and It Cosmetics – Bye Bye Undereye. When I first got the IT concealer I thought it would be my favorite. It’s VERY thick and tacky. It went on well – a little went a long way. For me, I rub my eyes a lot (tired, perhaps), and I found that even after setting the concealer with this eye brightening powder the IT concealer would still smudge out of place. For me, the Tarte Shape Tape has more staying power. It’s not as thick, so it doesn’t settle into lines as much for me (as someone who is getting more lines by the day). I do set it with this undereye powder so that it will last all day.
- NeuLASH Lash Enhancing Serum I can barely get to the hair salon so there is no chance I can get on board with lash extensions at this point in my life. I have been using this lash serum for a month and my lashes are quite noticeably longer and fuller. Combine with the mascara below and it looks like I have added lashes.
- “Better Than Sex” Mascara also recommended to me by my Insta-friends – this is an AMAZING mascara. Fullness, length, and doesn’t flake off. I am hooked. I’m on my second tube and will be ordering another soon. I think setting my undereye concealer with this setting powder helps to keep my mascara from running as well. If I don’t set my concealer my undereye gets greasy and smudges my eye make-up.
- John Frieda Blow Dry Brush I’ve talked about this blow dry tool in previous beauty posts because it’s such a time saver. I use enough heat on my hair (see #6 below) that I don’t want to add a lengthy blow-dry to my list (nor do I have the time with 2 kids at home). If I plan to wear my hair straight I fake a timely blow out by letting my hair get about 85% air dried and then I use this brush on “high”. Because it combines the brush and the blow-dryer, this tool makes it easy for someone like me, awkward and uncoordinated, to get a smooth blow-out in just a couple minutes.
- “Say Hello To Sexy Legs” Instant Leg Bronzer While I love sunless tanner – it’s not always practical or easy to apply. I find in the Winter, when I need it most, my legs are so dry that the sunless tanner goes on particularly uneven. I love that this instant bronzer gives instant color. There is no waiting to see where the mistakes might show up. If there’s an area that needs more or less tan – you can adjust instantly. I wore this bronzer several times this Spring when I wore short dresses and people thought I had spray tanned my legs. It’s very easy to apply and spot correct.
- T3 Curling Wand Trio Hands down my favorite hair tool! I just did a blog post about how I curl my hair. I use all 3 of the barrels that come in the curling set, but if you only want 1, I use the 1″ curling wand (please note: that link brings you to the cost of the barrel alone, without the wand) the most.
- R and Co Dry Shampoo Paste is my favorite dry shampoo. I still use spray dry shampoo but I love the texture this paste adds while it absorbs the grease.
- Cellulite Massager I get so many questions about this when I mention it on Instagram. I did not take before pictures because I wasn’t expecting this tool to work (not that I’m eager to share cottage cheese legs on the Internet anyway). I got this $8 cellulite massager before my trip to Puerto Rico last Winter. I used it in the shower (with shower gel) and RIGOROUSLY scrubbed the back of my legs for 2 weeks before my trip. Initially I was very bruised but when it cleared the appearance of my cellulite was probably 70% reduced. I loved the results so much I bought this cellulite roller that I use outside the shower.
- 15 X Lighted Magnifying Mirror is something I’ve been using for well over 10 years. I buy this exact brand each and every time (I’ve broken 2 others by dropping them or one cracked in my suitcase (yes, I can’t go on a trip without it). This mirror makes plucking your eyebrows very easy. It also makes every pore and imperfection EXTREMELY visible so you can get carried away with picking other areas of your face with your tweezers if you’re like me. I haven’t found another mirror quite like this one and my friends who have tried this mirror at my house all went on to purchase their own.
- Braided Headbands These are like a small wig to cover a bad hair day or an easy way for a mom in a rush (me) to look like I had the time to put some effort into my hair style. I did a tutorial on Instastories a few weeks back with how I use these braided hair hand bands but I will have to do a blog post soon as well. I like to tuck my hair over the adjustable elastic strap at the back of the headband to help blend it in with my real hair.
I am trying a couple of anti-aging items now but there haven’t been the overnight results I’d hope for so I’ll keep you posted if any become miracle beauty products in the future. Since wrinkles aren’t created overnight, I suppose they can’t resolve in that amount of time either.
Several of you have asked about what lip color I wear. I wouldn’t say it is one of my miracle beauty products, I do love this Bare Minerals Lipstick in the color “CRAVE”. It’s a good pink/nude that is super moisturizing and gives enough color without being overpowering.
I’d love to hear from you guys what you consider to be miracle beauty products! I’m always looking for a game changer item – so please, do share in the comments.