Today my kids and I are partnering with Walmart to share some back to school deals you won’t want to miss!! From a $10 Paw Patrol Backpack to $5 henley shirts Walmart makes it easy to prepare for back to school on a budget. Today I’m talking about my number one tip for back to school shopping which is to do it online. Here’s why….
No Impulse Purchases
Not saying that you or I are prone to this 😜, but I’ve heard of mothers who take their children into stores and browse the home decor (or the kids run to the toy section) and toss things they don’t need into the cart. These purchases add up fast. You will save money by ordering online because you don’t pass through aisles of things you don’t need.
Organized and Not Excessive
When you shop from home you can check your child’s closet or drawers to see what they have versus what they need. This will help you avoid over buying when you’re flustered and trying to get out of a store with kids in tow.
Online you’ll be able to find more sizes and color options than will be available in stores. You’re more likely to check back to school shopping off your list sooner if you can get it done in one online order.
Tips for Back To School Shopping Online
- Order from a store you know does easy returns on items you order that are the wrong size or not as expected. I ordered from Walmart because I can easily return items in store that don’t work out.
- Organize a kid’s “capsule” wardrobe so you know what you’re looking for. Check off items your kids already own that still fit. With a capsule wardrobe you pick versatile basics that rewear well with other pieces you purchased. This will cut down on waste and save space in drawers.
- Since you’re ordering from somewhere with easy returns, I usually grab 2 sizes if I’m on the fence about which one will be a better fit. That way it’s ONE try on session for my begrudging boys.
Some of Our Must Haves
- My boys insist on pull-on pants. Sharing their picks below.
- Insulated Thermos cups keep their water cold throughout the day and don’t spill in their bags.
- Shoes without laces are a mom requirement so they can get their own shoes on. See my kids favorites below.
- Stainless steel segmented lunch containers last for years and keep food from getting smushed.
SHOP THE POST:
Mac’s First Outfit:
Mac’s Second Outfit:
When do your kids go back to school? We have until the end of August and I’m soaking it up! While it will be easier for me to get work done when they get back to school, I love having them home. Letting them stay up to play and sleep in – I’ll miss that come September!
Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post.