I wanted to get out and take some good pictures today in the sunshine, but no such luck! So instead I’m highlighting some of my favorite Spring fashion trends as brought to you by favorite high -end clothier: TARGET (please pronounce with a French accent).
Boho-chic is big this year. I’m a mom – so this whole “festival season” is sort of above me – but I can appreciate the relaxed style. I’m crunchy, I just posted I don’t wear antiperspirant, so I imagine I could hang well with the hippies at these said festivals.
I’m highlighting pieces for each trend – most of which I should be able to bring you in real-life photos this week. Trending items are the perfect items to purchase at Target because you never know if you’ll want to be caught wearing them a year from now. Personally I buy just about everything at Target but someday I may venture back to the mall and invest in staple pieces at other stores.
- Fringe: on bags and shoes – fringe is hot. I love fringe. I also adore sequins and sparkles – so there’s a fine line with all these things were you can easily go from trendy to trashy. I love these pumps and the more subtle fringe on this neutral bag.
- Open hem jeans: this could be a DIY (cause you know I love a DIY) – or you can invest in a pair of open hem jeans from your favorite store. The word jeggings might be controversial to some fashion addicts – personally – anything that sounds like leggings is welcomed in my life.
- Lace-up sandals: this plays off the gladiator trend that’s been ongoing the last few summers. These heels dress up the trend a little more. Certainly these sandals would be more for date night than the playground, but there are casual versions of this trend available too.
- High waisted flares: this was popular when I was in middle school (2 decades ago) and it has circled back around. I passed on my favorite pairs from back then so I’ve reinvested in a new pair because what mom isn’t happy to see high-waisted pants are back in style?? #momjeansforlife
- Off the shoulder tops and dresses: I showed you a top earlier this season, now I’m showing you a little white dress that fits this trend. Little white dresses are to summer what a LBD is to winter. Perfect for any occasion (except a wedding or bridal shower where some brides can be touchy about others wearing white).
What trends are you all liking this season? Where do you shop for trendy pieces? What about your staples?